The Syndicate are a group of ruthless trading Houses from the Empire. With the Star Union gone, they see a universe of opportunity.
- Starting Bonus: Start with 25 influence
- Long-Term Bonus: 1 Doctrine Slot
- Arc Weapons Groups
- Psi Weapons Groups
- Indentured slave units morale penalties
- Excellent stealth capabilities and covert operations
The Syndicate is a reformation of the trading enterprises that spearheaded the discovery and exploitation of the universe in the early days of the Star Union. The Houses controlled entire star clusters, commanded private armies, and monopolized trade of exotic resources, including Kir'Ko slaves. The Houses developed their own feudal societies and waged bloody wars among themselves.
After power became consolidated in the era of the Imperial Star Union, Territories held by the Houses had to submit the Union control, of face annihilation. Some submitted and were rewarded with hereditary positions, while others didn't and fled to the Outworlds. The Houses continued to practice their business in secret, until the Fall of Star Union created a new opportunity for the survivors. They formed a new collective, called the Syndicate ensuring they would never again lose their freedom to do business their way.
In combat, the Syndicate are extremely manipulative, specializing in covert operations and psionic attacks. They possess an arsenal of arc weaponry, and power their war machines with advanced psi-tech amplifiers.
- Runner - The only faction scout that is hidden on the world map. It’s escape module allows it to teleport to safety before receiving fatal damage.
- Indentured - Core infantry.
- Overseer - Support unit.
- Enforcer - Attacks with psi-tech weaponry, such as the psi-powered gauntlet that hits with the force of an angry mob.
- Guild assassin - Sent to eliminate aggressors and sabotage powerful enemies. They are discrete and entrusted with deadly secrets and weaknesses that can be used against those they target for assassination.
- Mirage - Flying harasser.
- Subjugator - Using Psionic control orbs, this T3 support unit can break the minds of its enemies with an Agony field, creating new Indentured units that it can bring back from the dead using cerebral control collars.
- Wraith - Floating tank with psionic weaponry.
- Wraith - Syndicate ultimate waepon.
- Guild Cruiser
Syndicate tactical summon