Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revelations is the first major expansion for AoW Planetfall. It was announced on 2019-10-19 and release on 2019-11-19.
Expansion features[edit | edit source]
Revelations sets in motion the return of the entombed Es’Teq dynasty, whose Heritor descendants aim to use ancient technology and reincarnate billions of followers across the galaxy, establishing divine rule. The Heritor wield strong Entropy weapons that are effective against machines and can awaken ancient Es'Teq minds. Claim ancient secrets or succumb to their power in a new campaign with tactical combat and in-depth empire building.
- Anomalous Sites Mechanic: Explore 30+ mysterious sites filled with traps and powerful enemies to reap unique rewards and uncover great secrets. Encounter unique choices based on each faction or Secret Technology.
- Additional Campaign Missions: Experience the awakening of the Es’teq dynasty and the rise of their Heritor descendants with 10+ hours of new content across two campaigns.
- New Secret Tech: Heritor: Use ancient Heritor technology to drain the essence of enemies, fueling the opportunity to use powerful abilities, create strong Entropy weapons, and summon new units.
- Tomb World Scenario: Challenge yourself to complete this deadly new Scenario, where Heritor enemies create an onslaught of destruction. This scenario also includes a new multiplayer questline to allow more players to join in on the action.
- ‘The Forgotten’ NPC Faction: Broken, insane, or otherwise unfit for Heritor’s utopian society, The Forgotten were never meant to be resurrected.
- Threats to Your Empire: Reapers are robotic assassins created long ago to destroy those who were friendly to the Heritor cause, but now hunt all who walk the planet. Equally deadly are the Megasow and Piglets, bio-engineered wildlife gone rabid after the fall of the Star Union, which will devour anything in sight.
- Locations, Pick-Ups, & Mechanics: Visit an Essence Gash or Es’Teq Well locations to supply new combat effects or abilities to your units. The Holopad pickup provides diplomatic rewards and additional influence over allies and enemies. Take over Imperial Defenses like the new Soul Beacon, Cluster Mine Launcher, or Firestorm Missile Silo to aid in combat.
Dev diaries[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Revelations expansion and patch 1.2 (aka Stegosaurus).
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|53||Anomalous Sites||Uncovering the history of the Star Union||2019-11-13|
|52||Heritor Secret Tech||Details on the new Secret Tech||2019-11-07|
|51||Imperial Defense Improvements||Improvements coming to the Imperial Defenses||2019-10-31|
|50||Orbital Relays||Introducing the new Orbital Relay Feature||2019-10-10|
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Forum, Age of Wonders: Planetfall REVELATIONS announced, 2019-10-19
- ↑ Forum, Revelations Expansion Now Available for Age of Wonders: Planetfall!, 2019-11-19