Patch v1.003 (2019-08-07)
We've been keeping track of the reports coming in and have made a patch that will solve many of these issues. It contains the following fixes:
- Fixed hangs and crashes occurring while the is starting up, i.e. before displaying the main menu.
- Fixed a freeze that would occur for some users on the game loading screen.
- Fixed a freeze that would occur for some users when loading a map.
- Fixed an issue for players with remapped Documents folder that would prevent the game from saving data. E.g. settings, customized commanders, save games. Note that this includes a fix for language not being correctly set in-game when changing them through the Paradox Launcher.
- In-game language selection drop down now fits all core languages without the need of scrolling. This means you no longer need to scroll down for the simplified chinese option, preventing players missing the option.
- Fixed a crash in Leave-6 - the first Vanguard - campaign during the Syndicate quest line, when taking a specific story branch - i.e. following her quest line.
- Fixed an issue where the player was unable to buy the dwelling through peaceful means.
- Fixed an issue resulting in lesser quality tutorial maps due to random map generation.
- Fixed an issue for GoG users that caused false positive when checking for build compatibility in multiplayer games. This triggered warnings asking players to update their build before they could continue their game, when this was not required.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on the “End Turn” event would not end the turn.
- Fixed an issue where customization was not correctly applied in the Leave-6 - first vanguard - campaign map, after playing the tutorial. Note that this does mean that mods and experience gained in the tutorial map no longer carry over to the Leave-6 map. Jack(y) lost those in cryosleep, sorry.
- "Hide password protected games" is now disabled by default in the multiplayer lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong custom commanders can be deleted, if custom commanders were ‘disabled’ due to disabling mods or DLC.
Patch v1.004 (2019-08-09)
Also known as the Velociraptor, is available and ready to be updated on Steam, GoG and PDX.
We have decided to name our substantial updates after dinosaurs in honour of the Amazon beasts. We’ll try to reflect the update's focus in the choice of dino. This time around we decided to go for the Velociraptor due to its speed and size; which reflects this patch perfectly! It features a variety of fixes and quality of life improvements!
Significantly reduced waiting times between turns late game
- Added edge scrolling; disabled by default (setting can be found in the Controls options)
- Added a button to randomize the commander names in commander customization
- Added an option to ‘Force Fast Combat Animation's in the Options > Combat UI menu.
- Changing the language of the launcher now automatically updates the language setting for the game.
- Fixed startup hang when the installation folder contains non-ansi characters; this affected some of our Chinese, Japanese and Russian players.
- Other general stability improvements; including some of the most commonly reported crashes.
- Various text fixes in multiple languages
- Improved various Imperial Archives entries to provide additional and clearer information.
- Fixed that Steam invites to a password protected lobby would fail and show an “incorrect password” message.
- Renamed the invert combat camera rotation/zoom settings to X/Y axis. These 2 settings now support the mouse rotation in combat.
- Fixed a problem that under rare circumstances the “Find the Propovus Lab” quest in the second Kir’Ko mission (Xa’Kir’Ko) could not be completed. Players that ran into the problem will need to re-enter the “Propovus” Xenoplague Labs sector with one of their armies to complete the quest.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck in looping story messages after meeting the Psi-Fish in the first Kir’Ko mission (Arcadia Caeleste).
- Fixed an issue where the player could not complete a quest to ally Chin Til’Trz in the second Vanguard mission, if he already allied Chin Til’Trz before receiving the quest. Affected players need to wait for a new turn for the quest to complete.
- Added icons to operations on the Research screen to clearly show whether they are tactical, strategic or doctrine operations.
- Fixed an issue where the AI would sometimes offer peace and make war at the same time with players who are in the run for multiple victory conditions at the same time.
- Removed a line of text from the message that appears when a call to war is declined; to make the message clearer.
- Fixed a crash when the AI tried to denounce a player without having any Casus Belli to denounce with.
- Fixed that locating a sector that is being demanded by an NPC faction would close the demand screen.
- Fixed that the player could not declare war on an NPC faction while being in an Integrated (Highest) relation state with them.
- Fixed that the Hasher SMG hero weapon was missing particles and sounds when being fired.
- Sectors are no longer tradeable if they are annexed to a colony that is occupied.
- Trade analysis text has been changed to the following format “Trade analysis: good deal for you” to help clarify that this analysis is targeted at the player and is not something the (AI) player on screen is saying.
- Fixed crash in tactical combat when switching to nearby units while another unit is destroying an obstacle.
- Now you no longer receive race relation penalties at the start of a Fixed Teams session due to starting wars, to prevent negative relations from the start. Note: This only applies to newly created scenarios.
- Completing the last item in a city production queue now keeps the remaining production, rather than wasting it.
Disclaimer: Note that new text entries are English only at the moment; localization will follow shortly. This update is still in the works for PS4 and Xbox One.
Patch v1.005 - Velociraptor v2 (2019-15-09)
We're been going through the feedback, error reports, etc. Thank you all for reporting! And, please keep them coming. We want you to have fun with Planetfall, so let us know what gets between you and enjoying the game. We've just put our v1.005 patch live, which should resolve a bunch of the issue some of you have ran into. Hope you'll enjoy! After this we'll keep on fixing and bringing you patches to the game. There are some issues with the Workshop we're working on.
Updates to the v1.005 build.
- Fixed a bug where hero item/exp were not carried over to the next campaign mission anymore.
- Improvements to general stability of the game.
- Improvements to crash reporting.
- Add an option to set the max number of autosaves stored on your machine. Can be set between 1-100, with the default remaining the same at 25 autosaves. You’ll need to restart the game for this change to be applied.
- Fixed a crash on winning the game while transferring or absorbing a sector.
- Fixed issue where the game would crash when a unit gets spawned - e.g. creating a unit with an operation - on a full unit army.
- Fixed an issue where clicking “Continue” on the main menu would fail to load a campaign cloud save.
- Fixed a bug where quest reward would be lost if the turn timer elapses before accepting the reward. The reward dialog will now appear again at the start of the new round.
- Disabling doomsday victories will now remove the doomsday skill from the research tree, instead of it being unselectable for research. This to make clear that the doomsday operation can’t be used, before the player researched its prerequisites.
- Fixed an issue where colony militia could be dragged into a three-way battle while being allied to both the attackers and defenders.
- Fixed combat replay not playing for map locations where you lost vision.
- Prevented AI from automatically declaring war when several armies trespassed in their domain.
- Lowered the trespassing casus belli cap from 6 to 4.
- Fixed bug where Advanced World settings 'None' not working correctly for 'Landmark (Low Value)' and 'Settlements'.
- Picking red as your primary army color will now make your units move faster in combat ; )>
- Fixed a bug where the Tier IV item One Eyed Hawk wasn’t able to shoot Commanders and Heroes.
- Fixed issue where the research not set notification was not still showing when the player researched all items in the research tree.
- The DVAR Foreman now speeds the healing of units in its stack on the world map.
- Monitoring stations should now be much easier to spot on the world map.
- The healing drone in the empire APC (the one you get from the support vehicle loadout) can now only be summoned once per battle.
- Voidtech Hazard no longer affects Voidtech Modded Units.
- Celestian T4: Compelling Presence - Now correctly converts mind controlled units into colonists.
- Wraith Tank now needs to select an empty hex in order to use its Wraith Drive ability.
- Made the penguin eyes glow more, to make them look more evil ; )>
- Fixed an issue in campaign where the kill quest would no longer have valid units.
- Fixed an issue in campaign where destroy spawner base quests would not have any defenders spawned.
- Fixed crash in Campaign when certain hero items couldn’t be transferred from the previous map into the next.
- Fixed an issue in the first Kir’Ko mission (Arcadia Caeleste) that sometimes kept the “Shadows of the Past” quest from completing. Players affected by the bug will need to go back to a save from before killing the quest stack with the mirror image for the fix to apply. Sorry!
- Fixed an issue where the player would get stuck on the map when defeating L0G3N-1 on Khansu’s Pyre - i.e. the second Assembly mission - despite having won the mission. Players affected by the problem will need to go back to a save game from before before completing either the “Defeat L0G3N-1” or “Recover Neural Plexus” quest to resolve it.
- Fixed an issue for Dvar02 where selecting the Kleptomaniac perk would not give your commander a mod as advertised. This mod, like the loadout from the perks, is now stored in your arsenal. While your current equipment will be the equipment you had in Dvar01.
- Fixed a crash in Dvar02 that would occur during the opponent's first turn. After having previously defeated Mephilas the Redeemer in Dvar01.
- Fixed crash in the final Campaign mission if a colony was destroyed that had a doomsday structure in one of its sectors.
- Fixed a bug where it was not possible to host/join multiplayer games when there were non-ansi - e.g. Asian, Cyrillic, the German ß - characters in your Windows username.
- Fixed a bug where it was not possible to continue multiplayer games when there were some - 1 in 20 characters - non-ansi - e.g. Asian, Cyrillic, the German ß - characters in the Multiplayer username, or planet description.
- Multiplayer user names now default to Steam name or Paradox social name if available.
- Open sessions in the lobby are now sorted above password protected sessions.
- The text fixes we made in the previous patch in English have now been translated into the following languages: German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese, Polish and Russian. Japanese translations will follow in a future patch.
- Fixed an issue where the explanation for Vanguard Assault Vehicle was not visible in Japanese.
- Added extra info to the Casus Belli tooltip seen in the Diplomacy screen when the player is under the effect of the “Futility of War” operation.
- Renamed world threat levels to "Low, Moderate and Extreme", since the middle threat level reflects what we feel experienced players should use.
- The Monitoring Station description now properly lists that it only lasts for 10 turns. Xenoplague Hero Skill 'Regenerative Spore Cloud' now shows the correct amount of regen, which should 15% (was shown as 20% before).
- Added ‘Mark Deleted’ & ‘Undo Delete’ options on right click in Resource Editor.
- When clicking 'Publish' a thumbnail.png is automatically created.
- Fixed bug where the language would reset to English when having selected a language that originates from a mod.